- Vaazhai Poo - 1 cup chopped
- Channa Dhal - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 (medium size) finely chopped
- Sombu / Fennel Seed - 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves - few leaves finely chopped
- Salt - to taste
- Red Chilli - 4 or 5 (to taste)
- Coriander leaves - few leaves finely chopped
- Oil - For deep frying
1. Soak channa dhal for 3 hours.
2. Clean and chop vaazhai poo (cleaning tips can be found here).
3. Boil water, add the chopped flower. After its cooked, drain water and keep the flower aside.
4. Coarsely grind the channa dhal, salt, red chilli and vaazhai poo.
5. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, then add onion, fennel seeds, curry leaves, coriander leaves and mix well.
6. Heat oil in a kadai. Roll the mixture into vada shape and deep fry it.
7. Sizzling hot vadas ready.