For the Sauce: (for approx 10 enchiladas)
- Flour – 1 Tbsp
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Mexican Tomato Sauce – 2 cups
- Vegetable Broth/Stock – 14 oz can
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Garlic Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Red Chili Powder or paprika – to taste
For the Enchiladas:
- Flour Tortillas
- Cooked Black Bean
- Re-fried Beans
- Shredded Cheese
- Chopped Onions
- Chopped Tomatoes
1. Heat Oil in a pan.
2. Add All-purpose Flour and whisk well.
3. Once the flour turns light pink, add Broth, Tomato Sauce, and Water.
4. Add Garlic Powder, Cumin Powder, Oregano, Salt, Sugar and Chili Powder. Mix well, cover and allow to come to a boil.
5. Uncover and allow the sauce to thicken (stir frequently). Remove from heat when thickened.
6. Spread each Tortilla with 1-2 tablespoons of Sauce.
7. Place 2-3 Tbsp of the cooked beans along the center of the Tortilla.
8. Sprinkle Cheese and Onions on top of the beans, and roll the tortilla.
9. Place the rolls in a baking pan.
10. Spread remaining Sauce over the rolled Enchiladas.
11. Sprinkle Cheese, Onions, Tomatoes and cilantro over the top.
12. Bake the rolls at 350 F (this step is optional).
13. Serve immediately with re-fried beans.