- Eggs - 4 ( boiled, peeled and cut into 8 pieces each)
- Onion - 1 (medium) chopped finely
- Tomato - 1 large chopped finely
- Curry leaves - few leaves
- Mustard seeds - 1tsp
- ginger & garlic paste - 1tsp each (optional)
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- When heated, add mustard seed and curry leaves and allow it to sputter.
- Add chopped onion and a pinch of salt and fry till its completely cooked but do not over fry it.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry for another minute or two.
- Add tomatoes and cook well for 5 to 10 mins or till the oil starts to oozes out.
- Now add all the spices and a little water and cook well till the water evaporates.
- Now add approximately 1 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Now add the egg and mix well, till the masala is coated well on the egg.
- Serve hot with rice or chappathi or bread